What we do:
Catalysis Adaptation Partners, LLC, is a consulting firm of senior experts with extensive experience in planning for sea level rise, coastal hazards and extreme weather events. Our partners are economists, scientists, planners and engineers.
We provide an array of climate and coastal hazard adaptation-related services, including:
- vulnerability assessments,
- inundation mapping and visualization,
- economic impact evaluation,
- adaptation strategy development and implementation,
- planning process analysis,
- policy revision assistance, and
- consensus building support.
- We also specialize in tailoring the COastal Adaptation to Sea level rise Tool (COAST), developed at the University of Southern Maine with funds from the US EPA, to assist clients with their adaptation planning process. Using this tool, we can perform cost-benefit analysis of structural and nonstructural adaptation actions that municipalities and businesses might undertake to reduce exposure to these threats. Our clients are state and local governments, utility districts and businesses.
Citizen engagement and new tools are the catalysts.
The word catalysis comes from chemistry. To catalyze means to create a reaction by bringing things together; we are experts in catalyzing local adaptation to sea level rise and storm surge, by bringing together innovative technology with tailored community engagement processes.